The oil and gas industry is a prime example where the requirement to manage the risk of asset functional failure means controlling and managing the impact of potential failure is critical. This 2 day course is intended to provide participants with an understanding of how to effectively inspect, repair and maintain offshore and subsea assets. The training is interactive in order to leave participants with a lasting memory of the information provided.
This course is applicable to those who require an understanding of inspection, repair and maintenance in the oil and gas, and chemicals industry, in particular if you are working as an inspector or management of inspection programmes. As well as HSE engineers and managers, graduate engineers, and those working in asset life extension and maintenance projects.
- Definition of asset management; integrity management, life cycle and industry guidelines.
- The potential for asset failure. What is the asset life cycle?
- Managing the risk of functional failure; risk assessment and the concept of ALARP
- Operational assets; damage, failure mechanisms and examples of failures
- Probability and consequences of asset failure and the impact on health, safety and environment
- The BOSTON matrix; prioritisation of asset inspection
- Preventative medicine; the importance of IMR
- Establishing the correct IMR programme; fundamentals of IMR and key requirements
- Risk based inspection maintenance and repair programmes
- Inspection methodologies
- Assessing the damage; understanding the survey assessment report
- Repair methodologies
- Roles and responsibilities; ‘duty to care’
- Future technologies
On completion of this course delegates will be able to:
- Manage the risk of functional failure
- Practise new inspection methods
- Conduct a risk-based inspection
- Assess damage and take action
- Practise new repair methods
- Establish Inspection, Maintenance and Repair programmes
LocationVarious locations across the UK
There are no events schedule for this course. Please Contact Us about attending a future event.